INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY

Library Faculty Assembly

 

LFA 04/05-11                                                 Approved: 7/7/05

June 2, 2005, 8:30 a.m.

Room 028

 

Present: Karen Evans, Steve Hardin, Betsy Hine, Christopher Mehrens, Anthony Kaiser,

            David Kaunelis, Elizabeth Lorenzen

Absent: Juliet Kerico

Ex-Officio: Myrna McCallister, Rolland McGiverin

Guests:  Joan Evans, Marsha Miller

 

 

            I.     Call to order and approval of agenda

 

Chair B. Hine called the meeting to order at 8:32 a.m. 

 

          II.     Approval of minutes (LFA 04/05-10, 5/5/05)

 

Under IX. A. 1., items g and h are duplicated by items i and j.  The duplicates must be removed. 

 

C. Mehrens moved, and D. Kaunelis seconded, approval of the minutes as amended.  The amended minutes were approved. 

 

        III.     Recognition Awards previously part of LSG [none submitted]

 

       IV.     Chair’s announcements/report

 

No announcements or reports. 

 

         V.     15-minute open discussion

 

C. Mehrens noted the Library still hasn’t received its tabs on the new Sycamore web portal.  Some discussion followed on how best to rectify the situation.  B. Hine said she would send an email from LFA. 

 

       VI.     Remarks of the Dean of Library Services

 

M. McCallister said she’s heard that the Digital Measures project, which facilitates the electronic reporting of faculty activities, should be up and running for the Library and the College of Business in two weeks.  Once you’ve input your data, it will be easy to update.


 

     VII.     Report of the Faculty Senator

 

No report. 

 

   VIII.     Remarks from the Library Support Staff Representative

 

None. 

 

       IX.     Committee Reports

 

A.    Library Administrative Affairs Committee

 

                                                    i.          Charge 05-15 - “Draft Faculty Conference Travel Release Time Policy”

 

C. Mehrens said the Committee has been discussing the policy.  The Committee meeting was cancelled due to lack of quorum.  This topic will be discussed at their next meeting.  B. Hine asked that it be ready for discussion at the June LFA Executive Committee meeting, which will be June 30th. 

 

B.    Library Faculty Affairs Committee

 

Cleanup of Manual and Constitution

 

K. Evans said a record of the changes the Committee is making will be sent out.  They are unsubstantial changes in verbiage only.  B. Hine notes that verbiage changes don’t need to go to LFA for approval. 

 

C.    Personnel Committee

 

No new activities. 

 

E.     Senate/University Committee reports

 

Senate Committees have not met. 

 

         X.     Old Business

 

A.    PTOC document

 

B. Hine reported the group working on the document has met several times and has produced a draft document.  She will send out the draft today.  It needs everyone’s attention because the committee made some significant changes.  LFA will discuss it at the July 7th meeting. 

 

B.    Emergency Manual

 

B. Hine said Kathy Gaul has told her no new work has been done on the Manual. 

 

       XI.     New Business

 

A.    Related to Library Faculty issues

 

None. 

 

B.    Related to general library issues

 

None. 

 

     XII.     Adjournment

 

The meeting adjourned at 8:46 a.m.

 

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Steve Hardin, Secretary