Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI) Reciprocal Borrowing Program
ISU Students, Faculty and Staff Who Wish to Borrow from an ALI Library
- You must be currently employed or enrolled at Indiana State University and be in good
standing at the library in order to be eligible for ALI borrowing privileges.
- Status will be verified.
- A complete list of ALI libraries is available at http://ali.bsu.edu/members.html.
- Come to the main circulation desk of the ISU Library at least one business (Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM)day before your visit
to another library in order to apply for and receive your ALI card.
- Students: The expiration date on your ALI card will be the last day of classes for the
current semester. Faculty and staff: The expiration date on your card will be
same as the expiration date on your employment contract or June 30 of the current year, which ever comes first.
- Make sure you understand and accept the ALI Borrowers' Responsibilities (see below).
- If you wish to return your borrowed items via interlibrary loan courier service, please notify
circulation staff of this when return the item and explain that it is an ALI
return. You will be responsible for any fees for items returned this way as we
cannot guarantee the safe return of ALI borrowed items left at the circulation
desk or in the library. You are ultimately responsible for the return of ALI materials.
Students, Faculty and Staff From Participating ALI Institutions Who Wish to Borrow from ISU
- Apply at your home campus library for your ALI card.
- Before you visit, check the library hours. Read our loan period information
to find out what you can borrow and for how long. Check
the LUIS online catalog
to make sure that what you wish to borrow is in our circulating collection
and not already checked out. (Even if an item is not checked out, there is
no guarantee it will be on the shelf when you arrive.)
- Present your ALI borrower's card and a photo ID with your current address to the ISU
main circulation desk at least one hour before closing. Circulation staff
will enter your record into our local circulation system and issue you an ISU
borrowers card with our campus barcode.
- Whenever you wish to check out materials, present your ISU borrower's card along
with your ALI borrowing card at the circulation desk along with your items.
ALI Borrowers Responsibilities
- Present the ALI borrower's card and other ID requested by the lending library for each visit.
- Observe the rules and regulations of the lending library.
- Return materials safely and in a timely manner. Return of materials via the home
library interlibrary loan service may be possible, but borrowers are responsible for any charges if they occur.
- Pay all fees, fines and other financial obligations incurred.
- Return recalled materials immediately in person or by priority or express mail.
- Supply your accurate mailing address and keep it current.