Through the Hoosier Family of Readers initiative, students and their families across the state will have unlimited access to reading material on myON, giving families an opportunity to share rich literacy experiences together regardless of their socioeconomic status or whether or not there is a proficient reader in the home.
- More than 3,000 digital books from Capstone and additional publishing partners, ranging from illustrated and picture books to chapter books, graphic novels, literary non-fiction, photo and informational texts spanning multiple eras and cultures.
- Digital books from the following publishing partners will also be available: August House Little Folk/ Story Cove, Bellwether, Hothouse, Mikaya Press, Orca, ReferencePoint, Saddleback and Sylvan-Dell.
- The collection includes 70% nonfiction, 10% Spanish or dual language and 20% Hi-Lo titles, and is continually growing.
- A wide range of titles and topics provides varying levels of text complexity and support close reading in a range of genres and content areas, including history/social studies, science and technical works.
- Books are available online anytime, anywhere students have access to an Internet connection, 24×7,
- There’s no limit to the number of students who can read the same book at the same time on myON.
- Students can download up to 20 titles for offline reading using free mobile apps for iPad and Android devices.
For more information: http://www.doe.in.gov/improvement/myon-books
This site will tell you how to login and has screen shots to help you figure out navigation.
>>If you want to go to the actual site, go here: http://www.myon.com/login/Hoosier/
you have to enter:
- School Name: Hoosier Family of Readers, Indiana Department of Education
- Username: read
- Password: read