The library’s annual Authors and Artists program is the only campus event that honors the written or artistic material or performance of ISU’s faculty, staff and students. This year’s 34th annual event will feature Indiana State University’s faculty and emeriti who published or created artistic works in 2018.
A reception will be held Wednesday, February 27, in the Library Events Area beginning at 2:30 p.m. with light refreshments. The program will begin at 3 p.m. Authors to be recognized this year:
- Brad Balch (Building Great School Board-Superintendent Teams: A Systematic Approach to Balancing Roles and Responsibilities),
- Matthew Bergbower (A Profile of the American Electorate),
- Ryan Donlan (The School Board Member’s Guidebook),
- Amanda Hobson (Gender Warriors: Reading Contemporary Urban Fantasy (co-editor),
- Malynnda Johnson (HIV on TV: popular culture’s epidemic)
- David Nichols (Peoples of the Inland Sea: Native Americans and Newcomers in the Great Lakes Region, 1600-1870),
- Robert Perrin (Pocket Guide to APA style (6th ed.),
- Samory Rashid (The Islamist Challenge and Africa),
- James Speer (Exposé on Climate Change),
- Qihao Weng (3 publications: High Spatial Resolution Remote Sensing: Data, Analysis, and Applications; Remote Sensing Time Series Image Processing; Urban Remote Sensing (2nd ed).
- Chris Berchild (Projection Designer, Looking Over the President’s Shoulder, Indiana Repertory Theatre)
- Michael Jackson (Lighting Designer, Romeo and Juliet, Indiana Repertory Theatre)
For more information on this and past programs, visit http://libguides.indstate.edu/AnnualEvents/AuthorsArtists
The occasion also serves as a place to recognize this year’s graduate and undergraduate recipients of the Library’s Bakerman Research Award.
This year the Library is recognizing Laura Harlow (Educational Leadership) for her EDLR 687 (History of Higher Education in the U.S) paper: “February 25, 1960: Stories of Inspiration, Risk, and the Fight for Freedom”. Laura was nominated by Dr. Kandace Hinton. Undergraduate Colleen Madden (Honors College) will be recognized for her GH 401 (Honors Independent Study) paper “An Investigation of Body Image Among NCAA Female Athletes”. Colleen was nominated by Dr. Greg Bierly, Dean, Honors College.
Visit http://libguides.indstate.edu/AnnualEvents/Bakerman more information.