The library posted a fulltime, benefits-eligible Non-Exempt (bi-weekly) Staff position, Technical Services Procurement Specialist, to the ISU hiring site. The posting is now active and electronic applications are being received.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: NOVEMBER 24, 2015
For a complete position description, including qualifications, see http://jobs.indstate.edu.
A few details:
- Usual schedule is 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- $11.90 to $13.25 per hour
- Performs specialized library work requiring expertise in Sierra integrated library system’s (ILS) Acquisitions and Cataloging modules; solely responsible for ordering, receiving, and invoicing monographic materials and media.
- Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: 3 years library or relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Utilizes knowledge of library practices, procedures and available and potential information resources, including web-based and electronic tools. Searches local, national and international databases for source materials that meet established criteria for import. Verifies accurate and complete searching and recording of bibliographic information. Solves bibliographic problems by searching library online bibliographic database, OCLC (online computer library center), and other appropriate sources. Creates provisional bibliographic records in various formats as needed, with authority control and following guidelines for that format., Utilizing Sierra’s integrated library system, approves requests for purchase, downloading and modifying monographic and electronic resource bibliographic records from OCLC (online computer library center). Attaches order records to the Bibliographic Title record and inputs location, funding, order date, receive date, format, vendor and internal notes. Creates vendor records and invoices. Verifies funding, tracks orders, and creates lists for collection development. Receives items into Sierra’s integrated library system. Verifies material is correct and in good condition. Processes invoices for payment in Sierra and creates Check Requests or Foundation Disbursement Forms to secure payment., Serves as advisor to subject liaison librarians and dean regarding fund balances and purchase requests. In collaboration with the Technical Services Budget/Allocation Specialist, jointly monitors spend-down of all 120 allocated fund balances and deposit accounts totaling over $2,000,000. Also serves as back-up to Technical Services Budget/Allocation Specialist, processing orders and invoices for non-monographic materials (newspapers, journals, and serials) Assists in maintaining Current Periodicals area by checking in materials to accurately reflect library’s actual print holdings. Includes boxing and labeling print journals for permanent shelving in stacks and recording statistics for pull list spreadsheet., Copy catalogs monographic materials placing bar codes on books and creating item records. Provides training for involved employees assisting in copy cataloging. Catalogs monographic orders and averages 600+ per year., Works jointly with Interlibrary Loan to quickly process “Books on Demand” and “Media on Demand” requests from patrons as high priority. Processes Rush materials, researching fastest way to purchase items needed and quickest possible shipping method for materials that will help students or faculty in their classes, or will benefit vital campus programs., Maintains working relationship with 200+ vendors. Verifies/obtains W9 tax forms from new vendors. Utilizes Vendor websites to check availability prior to placing orders. Processes vendor reports and documents vendor comments using internal notes in order records. Researches cancellation notices for possible reorder through alternate methods. Fields questions concerning invoices/orders., Supervises bibliographic searching and related tasks performed by student assistants. Assigns priorities for these tasks and maintains workflow. Trains student assistants performing these tasks and reviews their work. Also assists in hiring student assistants., Maintains procedural manual for tasks of this position. Addresses workflow issues regarding Patron driven acquisitions/Demand driven acquisitions and shelf ready books., Performs other duties as assigned.