The library is holding a month long trial for for the Sage Video Collection – Criminology and Criminal Justice . We need your feedback.
The trial will be available through March 27, 2017.
Sage’s flyer has more detailed description of the resources, as well as highlights of features.
Send your questions and comments to Melissa.Gustafson@indstate.edu, our electronic resources librarian.
eBrary Upgrading to Ebook Central
Migration from eBrary (one of our 2 main e-book suppliers) to ProQuest Ebook Central will take place the afternoon of Wednesday January 11, 2017 (midday pacific time) NO DOWNTIME IS EXPECTED. The new interface is very similar to the old with all the features of eBrary: custom bookshelves, tagging, highlighting, citations, sharing, etc. Registered users should find their previously saved titles and links all working and redirected.
For more information regarding the migration view the 3 minute videos on features here:
- Overview & Searching
In addition, ProQuest has set up a LibGuide: Ebook Central with lots of details:
Questions: contact Melissa Gustafson, Electronic Resources Librarian, (812) 237-2057 or Melissa.Gustafson@indstate.edu
Business students often need to access our Commerce Clearinghouse [CCH] Internet Tax Research Database.
Students get confused when they are asked to login twice (first, login to the ISU proxy and, second, login to the CCH database). Also, the Internet connection seems to be poor. They often get an error message. If they just refresh the webpage, the error often resolves itself.
Here are the steps to successful access:
- Go to the library homepage at http://library.indstate.edu
- At the top of the window, click Find > Electronic Resources (Articles)
- Scroll to the top of the window. Under “Browse databases by subject”, click Business & Economics.
- The Business & Economics databases are displayed. Scroll down and click CCH Internet Tax Research Network
- If you are off campus, you may be asked to login to MyISU.
- The CCH Intelliconnect login appears. Click Create User ID.
- Follow instructions and create an account using your ISU e-mail.
- Go back to the CCH Intelliconnect login. Login with your new CCH username and password.
- You are in the database. Help is available from within the database by clicking the “Help” button at the top of the webpage.
About the database: The CCH Internet Tax Research Network provides tax news as well as federal and state tax information. Included are tax codes, regulations, court cases, rulings, legislative documents, treaties, IRS publications, as well as CCH explanation and analysis. Federal Tax Archives are available for all years since 1978; State Tax Archives are available for all years since 1994.
Emerging Technologies librarian Heather Rayl has had a busy summer, helping a Communication Department team convert the Comm 101 textbook into an Open Education Resource text.
She also maintains a guide to OER information at Open Educational Resources.
As more faculty become aware of the OER movement, workshops are being provided to spread the info.
The next workshop will be held Tuesday September 20, 2016 in the Faculty Center for Teaching Excellence, Library room 103, 3-4pm.
Promo: Are you frustrated with your textbook? Are you looking for ways to inject more custom materials into your class? Then Open Educational Resources might be the answer for you! Stop by the Faculty Center for Teaching Excellence for a workshop on what OERs are, how to find them, and maybe even earn some money on the side just for converting your class! Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, contact Heather.Rayl@indstate.edu or call (812) 237-2150