The ISU Library is experiencing access problems from off campus to online resources. We are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Vigo County Public Library board members on Monday night voted to accept a grant of $19,866 to place 80 years of microfilm newspaper archives in a digital format, meaning it will be available on the Internet in just a few months.
The newspapers to be “digitized” will include multiple Terre Haute papers dated from 1825 to 1905, said Kristi Howe, library director.
Once the work is completed, the newspapers will be available on the VCPL, Wabash Valley Visions and Voices and the Indiana Memories websites.
Some of the newspapers to be included in the digitization include the
- New Harmony Gazette, 1825-1826
- Terre Haute Weekly Express, 1868-1872
- Terre Haute Gazette Daily, 1870-1874
- Terre Haute Daily News, 1880-1891
- Saturday Evening Mail
- Terre Haute Daily Union
- Terre Haute Daily Tribune
A link to the beta library homepage is displayed on the current library homepage (since May 19). We are still working out some bugs but the structure is static. Currently the footer is made up of links to pages that receive high hit counts, but that may change over time. Our next step is to work on mobile development of the library homepage.
Once the mobile homepage is functional we will begin work on the second level pages.
Our pages will eventually reflect the university’s new identity standards and guidelines. Throughout the next year we will use the Drupal theme the university will supply to populate a Drupal site that we will migrate to next summer.
Questions or comments? Email Systems Department Chair, Stephen Patton.
EndNote X7.1 is now available
With this latest release, you can now:
- Sync Smart and Combined Groups across desktops.
- Use an expanded set of tools to annotate your PDFs.
- Easily navigate through full text attachments with added PDF link navigation.
- Take advantage of improvements to Find Full Text and DOI matching during PDF import.
- Easily spot Quick Search keywords in search results.
- Quickly save references from additional online Capture sources including: ERIC database, Wikipedia, WorldCat OCLC, DSpace, and more. (Available in EndNote online)
For more information, visit http://endnote.com/release-updates
To upload close all Microsoft Office products including your Outlook email!
WHAT IS ENDNOTE? store and manage bibliographic citations. Visit our Research Guide.
IF I HAVEN’T ALREADY DOWNLOADED ENDNOTE: GO TO THE DOWNLOAD PAGE AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS – FREE TO ISU COMMUNITY
SycaMORE Research is a new customized searching experience that allows you to search most of the library’s electronic resources, including its catalog, simultaneously. SycaMORE Research provides full text access to many of these resources, ranks your search results by relevancy, and includes availability information for items in the library catalog.
SycaMORE Research can simplify your research and provide easier access to the resources you need most. To try it out, go to http://library.indstate.edu/ and click on the “SycaMORE Research” tab. For more information about SycaMORE Research contact the Cunningham Memorial Library at 237-2580
Search Results Example