Promotion to Full Librarian – Cinda May, Chair, Special Collections
- Congratulations to our faculty colleague who was approved for promotion! Cinda May has been promoted to full librarian effective July 1.
Promotion to Associate Librarian with Tenure – Natalie Bulick, Cataloging and Metadata Librarian
- Congratulations to our faculty colleague who was approved for promotion and tenure. Natalie Bulick has been promoted to associate librarian and awarded tenure effective July 1.
Sabbatical Leave Approved – Susan Frey, Acting Supervisor in Special Collections/Coordinator of Strategic Initiatives
- Provost Licari has granted approval for Susan’s sabbatical leave, pending approval by the Board of Trustees, for July 1-Dec. 31, 2017.
Articles Published – Steve Hardin, Reference/Instruction Librarian
- Steve published two articles in the February/March issue of the Bulletin of the Association for Information Science & Technology. The first is titled “Bridging the Telepresence Valley: Greg Welch Speaks” pp.39-41. ARTICLE LINK . The second is titled “Text and Data Mining Meets the Pharmaceutical Industry: Markus Bundschus Speaks” pp. 42-44. ARTICLE LINK.
Article Published – Melissa Gustafson, Electronic Resources Librarian
- Melissa published her article “Critical Pedagogy in Libraries: A Unified Approach” in the inaugural issue of the Journal of Critical Library and Information Studies. ARTICLE LINK
ACRL Information Literacy Immersion Program – Karen Evans, Reference/Instruction Librarian
- Karen has been selected to participate in the Association for College & Research Libraries (ACRL) Information Literacy Program this summer. A highly competitive program, the Immersion complements the work we have undertaken as a library to incorporate information literacy in the curriculum. Karen serves as co-chair of the ISU Foundational Studies task force Informed Learning across the Sycamore Community.
Campaign Captain ISU Faculty & Staff Campaign – Ali Moorhead, Budget Specialist (Library Administration)
- This year’s faculty and staff fundraising campaign began March 1st and runs through April 7th. Campaign captains help advocate for support for our students, programs and other important campus initiatives. Ali Moorhead is one of the campaign captains this year.