Business students often need to access our Commerce Clearinghouse [CCH] Internet Tax Research Database.
Students get confused when they are asked to login twice (first, login to the ISU proxy and, second, login to the CCH database). Also, the Internet connection seems to be poor. They often get an error message. If they just refresh the webpage, the error often resolves itself.
Here are the steps to successful access:
- Go to the library homepage at http://library.indstate.edu
- At the top of the window, click Find > Electronic Resources (Articles)
- Scroll to the top of the window. Under “Browse databases by subject”, click Business & Economics.
- The Business & Economics databases are displayed. Scroll down and click CCH Internet Tax Research Network
- If you are off campus, you may be asked to login to MyISU.
- The CCH Intelliconnect login appears. Click Create User ID.
- Follow instructions and create an account using your ISU e-mail.
- Go back to the CCH Intelliconnect login. Login with your new CCH username and password.
- You are in the database. Help is available from within the database by clicking the “Help” button at the top of the webpage.
About the database: The CCH Internet Tax Research Network provides tax news as well as federal and state tax information. Included are tax codes, regulations, court cases, rulings, legislative documents, treaties, IRS publications, as well as CCH explanation and analysis. Federal Tax Archives are available for all years since 1978; State Tax Archives are available for all years since 1994.