March 14-15, Saturday-Sunday, CLOSED
March 16-20, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
March 21, Saturday, Regular hours resume
Starting this week, and continuing thru June, ISU will be running its New Student Orientation Program. Running from noon until noon, with an overnight stay, incoming students and their parents will have a whirlwind orientation stay, ending with students getting advised and registered for Fall classes. Participants will have several opportunities to interact with the Library:
- Resource Fair: as parents & students arrive, before the big program begins, they can visit a resource fair with tables representing many campus areas, including the Library.
- Parents will have an opportunity to interact with librarians during a Social Hour preceding dinner. Hosted by the ISU Bookstore, librarians will give parents/family members an idea of the sorts of things they can do to help their student get ready for the world of academic research.
- During the morning advising and registration process, parents may take a campus tour and stop by the library. A librarian met with the student orientation leaders who will be conducting the tours, and has given them lots of information to share with the parents.
- Student Academic Services Center staff will be advising and registering students in two programs: Academic Open Preference and Open Preference. AOP students can stop by a Library display table, visit with librarians, and receive information after they have finished registering. OP students have the option of an informal orientation session, in the Library, after they have completed their registration, which takes place in the Library’s Instruction area.
- The Parent/Family member schedule ends around 6:30. The Library is open until 10pm. People who live nearby can actually get a Community Borrower’s card and use the same library their student will!