Permanent Art Collection Curator Position
Containing approximately 4,000 works of art, the Permanent Art Collection is available to classes and the public any time through a searchable online database or in person upon request.
- The library has posted a professional Staff position, Permanent Art Collection Curator, to the ISU hiring site. The posting is active and accepts electronic application materials at this direct link: https://jobs.indstate.edu/hr/postings/32504
Permanent Art Collection Curator – Responsible for the stewardship, documentation, research, development and care of Indiana State University’s permanent art collection, primarily comprised of prints, ceramics and paintings. This work includes providing access to the collection through on-campus venues, the maintenance of the catalog, safe storage of works, condition reporting and prioritization of conservation needs. The incumbent will ensure focused growth of the collection through strategic acquisitions and will identify objects for deaccession that do not meet the standards of the collection. In addition, the Curator will interact with the Department of Art and Design faculty to foster experiential professional learning opportunities for students; and collaborate with the Gallery Director to plan, install and publicize exhibitions of art pieces from the permanent collection. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to establish relationships with both internal and external constituencies including donors, collectors and artists; as well as a strong commitment to collaboration.
Other duties include grant writing and budget oversight, consulting and working with conservators, external communications and attending art committees as needed.
The position description for the Curator is also available on the Library’s website.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ART AT ISU:
- Permanent Art Collection – main site, including ‘collection strengths’, portfolios and sub-collections; info on classes, tours, research and reproduction
- University Art Galleries
- Permanent Art Collection Inventory, Indiana State University
PAST ARTICLES RELATED TO THE PERMANENT ART COLLECTION
- PUBLIC ART OPPORTUNITY – New College of Health and Human Services
- The State of Work: Artists Laboring for Equality
- CC: A Celebration of 200 Years of Indiana Art
- WPA exhibit from ISU’s Permanent Art Collection now open
- Artworks: The Works of Art
- Big Sycamores and Sunsets
- Sycamores celebrate 200 years of Indiana Art
- University receives gift from Andy Warhol Foundation
- Alumna Profile – Jocelyn Krueger – MFA, painting (2013)
- Newest public art sculpture installed at Student Recreation Center
- Indiana State receives grant to celebrate state history through art
- Permanent Art Collection featured at the Swope Art Museum Feb. 1-March 9
- Collecting in the Round: Modernist Sculpture from the Permanent Art Collection
a few links to ART IN THE WABASH VALLEY
- Arts Illiana: The mission of Arts Illiana is to promote, support, and enhance the arts and cultural activities of the Wabash Valley. Arts Illiana’s primary service area includes the Indiana counties of Clay, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Vermillion, and Vigo. Interest is also given to the Illinois counties of Clark and Edgar.
- ArtSpaces Sculpture Collection
- Swope Art Museum