Cunningham Memorial Library | Your Campus Living Room
The Library is pleased to receive selected gifts relevant to the teaching and research needs of the University. Persons wishing to donate sizable collections should first contact the Collection Development Office to make appropriate arrangements. Only selected items may be chosen for review and processing. (Please call 237-2615.)
Donors should be advised that:
Library personnel are prohibited from providing a formal appraisal of a gift's market value.
- For self-appraisal or estimate of the value of the items, the following reference sources are recommended:
- For in-print current books: Books in Print.
- For out of print books you may wish to check AcqWeb's Rare and Antiquarian Book Vendors
- For more information about rare books and book values see the web site Your Old Books.
- Unless approved in advance by the Dean of University Libraries, gifts of money or material with restrictions will not be accepted.
- Collection Development reserves the right to dispose of any duplicate or unsuitable items after close examination.
- All gifts accepted by the University Libraries become the property of Indiana State University, and will not be returned to the donor.
Types of materials not accepted:
- Textbooks more than 7 years old
- Popular magazine back issues
- Unsalable duplicate scholarly journal back issues
- Mass-market paperbacks
- Pulp fiction
- Outdated computer software and manuals
- Paintings or other items unsuitable for library collections
Any questions about gifts to the Libraries should be directed to the Chief Collection Development Officer (Cunningham Memorial Library Room 136B. Phone: 812-237-2615. E-mail: Rolland.McGiverin@indstate.edu)