W. H. Floyd & Guy Stone
Jungclause and J. A. Schumacher, Indianapolis IN
North Hall was the second building and was an addition to the Normal School building "Old Main". It housed the Normal School's Library on the entire first floor, science department and labs on the second floor and the men's and women's gymnasium in the basement. The library was given the entire first floor, where Arthur Cunningham, Indiana State's first librarian, began building a collection of research and teaching materials.
Interestingly, the building's support columns went through the middle of basement gymnasium. To prevent player injury during basketball games, the columns were padded.
The building would continue to serve as the school's library until the construction of Normal Hall in 1909 and the gymnasium until the construction of the Women's Physical Education building in 1927.