Don’t forget to join in the celebration of the written word, art and musical performance!
4pm Wednesday, Library Events Area – search the blog for earlier post with list of honorees.
Reception, program, reception – ie food, fun, and faculty!
Reception begins at 4pm, with program at 4:30, keynote: Dr. John Murray, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences. The only campus event that honors the written or artistic material or performance of ISU’s faculty, staff and students, this year’s 26th annual event will feature 20 ISU faculty and emeriti who published or created artistic works in 2010. The occasion also serves as a place to recognize this year’s Graduate and Undergraduate recipients of the Library’s Bakerman Research Award. The winner of the Reel Big Video contest will be announced as well.
- Alsace to the Alsatians? Visions and Divisions of Alsatian Regionalism, 1870-1939 (Christopher Fischer, History)
- Boomer Retirement Time Bomb: How Companies Can Avoid the Fallout from the Coming Skill Shortage (Barbara Eversole, Human Resource Development & Performance Technologies)
- The Cock and Anchor: Being a Chronicle of Old Dublin City (James Wurtz, English)
- Creating the College Man: American Mass Magazines and Middle-Class Manhood, 1890-1915 (Daniel A. Clark, History)
- Director, Musical Performance, Kennedy Center on Memorial Day, 2010 (Scott Buchanan, Music)
- Drowning Tucson (Aaron Morales, English)
- Finding Invisible Cities;and To Tell a Secret (Sala Wong, Art)
- Fundamentals of Tree-Ring Research (James H Speer, Geography/Geology in Earth and Environmental Systems)
- Halibut Rodeo (Mark Lewandowski, English)
- Handbook For College Research, 4th Ed. (Robert Perrin, English)
- Mammals of Indiana – A Field Guide (John O. Whitaker, Jr., Biology)
- Mother and Child (Chen Gow-Hwei [Ray], Art)
- Ordinary Differential Equations: Applications, Models and Computing (Charles E. Roberts, Jr., Mathematics and Computer Science)
- Pathways to a Nursing Education Career ( Betsy Frank, Nursing)
- The Poet’s Holy Craft: William Gilmore Simms and Romantic Verse Traditions (Matthew Brennan, English)
- Projections of Power: The United States and Europe in Colonial Southeast Asia, 1919-1941 (Anne L. Foster, History)
- Psalm Songs: Poetic Meditations on the Psalms (Maury Miller, Elementary, Early and Special Education, Emeritus)
- Research Methods in Geography: a Critical Introduction (Basil Gomez, Geography/Geology in Earth and Environmental Systems) and John Paul Jones, III, eds.)
- What Great Coaches Do Differently: Eleven Elements of Effective Coaching; and The Ball (Todd Whitaker, Educational Leadership)