Cunningham Memorial Library | Your Campus Living Room
Services for ISU Distance Learning StudentsCatalogs and Databases | How to Access Databases | Library Materials
Reference Assistance | Additional Resources | Contact Us
It is the responsibility of Indiana State University Library to provide access to library materials and databases to ISU students no matter where they take a course.
Who is eligible for distance learning services?
Services on this web page are offered to students currently enrolled in distance education courses through Indiana State University.
Distance Learning Student Responsibilities:
Distance students are responsible for conducting their independent research by using the materials and databases made available by the library. Instruction in library research methods will be provided by the Reference/Instruction Department. Instruction is available via online library tutorials, the Reference Live! chat service, e-mail, or individualized instruction sessions. Research consultations are also available via appointments with library liaisons.
- ISU Online Catalog
- Electronic Resources -- Journal citations, abstracts, and full-text articles
- How to Access Databases
Requesting Materials -- For books, photocopies, and other library materials available to ISU Distance Education students. This includes materials found within the ISU Library as well as materials from other libraries. Interlibrary Loan will process these requests through a system called ILLiad. The distance learner will be notified via email when a requested item is in transit to the address listed in ILLiad. The distance learner is liable for the material from the time it leaves ISU until it is safely returned to ISU. Please ensure your address is correct before requesting materials. Distance learning students can use the ILLiad service, however they must have a current ISU ID card to do so. There is no cost for the first card. Replacement cards are $15. Cards can be obtained in person, on the phone, or in an email. To obtain a card contact Traffic and Parking Services by phone at (812) 237-8888 or through e-mail at ISU-Parking@mail.indstate.edu. Their office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Look up what's been placed on reserve for your courses
Renewing Materials You Checked Out from the Library:
Renew ISU library materials online and also find out what books you have charged out, when they are due, what items you have requested, and any fines you might have.
Renew Materials Mailed to You:
Logon to your ILLiad Account and click on "Checked out items". Go to the Transaction Number you wish to renew and click the red RENEW text.
There are several ways to receive off-campus reference assistance from the Indiana State University Library.
- E-mail using our Ask a Librarian Service. You can expect to receive a response within 24 hours, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Chat with a reference librarian during library hours using Reference Live!
- Call 800.851.4279 or 812.237.2580 during library hours.
- ISU Library Tutorials
- ISU Library Research Guides Citing Resources -- A helpful guide from The University of Texas Library, providing examples of citations using APA, MLA, and Chicago styles for print and online sources.
- TILT-- An interactive library literacy tutorial from The University of Texas.
- General Library information (toll-free): 800.851.4279
- Circulation Desk (812) 237.2541